Your cart is currently empty!
What is Xanax?
Xanax is a short-acting benzodiazepine sold as the brand for alprazolam. It is the most commonly used medication for the short-term management of anxiety disorders in the USA, specifically panic disorder or generalized anxiety disorder. It is also used in the treatment of panic disorders with the fear of situations like embarrassment or helplessness (agoraphobia). Xanax works by attaching itself to the GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid).
GABA helps in calming the brain by blocking brain signals and reducing the brain’s activity, creating a sense of relaxation. Xanax comes in two types, first is immediate-release tablets, which immediately dissolve into the bloodstream. Second is the extended-release tablet, which has its effect for 12 hours. Xanax is useful in the treatment of panic attacks; however, it is not amongst the first-line treatment.
Before You buy Xanax online, you should have a prescription provided to you by your doctor. As it is a Schedule IV controlled substance, it has the risk of abuse and can lead to dependence. Selling or giving Xanax to others can harm others, and it is also against the law. Abuse of Xanax can lead to addiction, overdose, coma, or even death.
How to use Xanax?
Always read the medication guide provided to you by your pharmacist before you buy Xanax online or when you try to get a refill. This medication is to be taken orally with or without food as directed by your doctor. Dosage is generally based on the patient’s age, medical condition, and response to the first treatment. Your doctor will gradually increase the dosage until it starts working well. To reduce the chances of abuse of Xanax the dosage has been generalized, the usual dosage is
- Immediate-release tablets – 0.25 to 0.5 mg orally thrice a day and maximum dosage up to 4 mg per day
- Extended-release tablets – 0.5 to 1 mg orally thrice a day and maximum dosage 10mg/day.
- For anxiety generally preferred form of dosing is immediate release, whereas, for panic disorders, both types of drugs can be used. There can be withdrawal symptoms of this drug, so do not stop taking Xanax without consulting your doctor. Your doctor will gradually decrease the dosing of The medication so that you do not show any withdrawal symptoms. Do not start taking this drug during pregnancy, so tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby and keep this drug out of the reach of children as it can harm them.
What are the side effects of Xanax?
For the first few hours, when taken, Xanax can cause dizziness, so it is advisable not to drive or use any heavy machinery until its effects are known on you. Before taking this drug or any other medicine, always tell your doctor if you have any allergies to any medicine so that your doctor can adjust your medication accordingly. If you stick to the medication side’s prescription, effects are not likely to occur, or even if they occur, they are generally mild. So you should avoid taking this drug on a need basis. Few side effects of Xanax are-
- Clumsiness or unsteadiness
- Feeling sad or empty
- Lack of appetite
- Loss of interest or pleasure
- Unusual drowsiness
- Trouble concentrating
- Dry mouth
- Irregular heartbeats
- Muscle weakness
Some side effects of Xanax may occur that generally do not require any medical attention. They tend to go away in a few days. However, if any of the symptoms become severe and don’t go away, check with your healthcare professional immediately. Side effects mentioned above might not be all of the problems faced as every drug behaves differently on every other person.