Your cart is currently empty!
Tramadol – Uses & Side Effects
How is Tramadol useful?
Tramadol is an oral tablet, and they are effective for treating pain that occurs inside your body. The tablets of Tramadol are available in generic as well as in brand versions. The commonly used brand name of Tramadol is Ultram. But, if you buy Tramadol online or any other version, make sure that you have its prescription from the health advisor.
The drug belongs to the opioid category, which is highly recommended to patients who do not get enough effect from non-opioid drugs. Also, the drug comes in capsule form that are termed to be extended-release and immediate-release medications. Patients need to take proper recommendations before they use any such drug as it may or may not be suitable for their condition.
Why do doctors prescribe Tramadol?
Doctors usually prescribe Tramadol as a medication for pain relief. The pain can be mild, moderate, or severe, depending upon the patient’s condition. There are numerous opioid drugs available in the market that you can choose from to treat ongoing pain. But if your doctor has prescribed you Tramadol, then you must follow the instructions.
Tramadol is a generic drug that comes in the following tablets – Tramadol 50mg and Tramadol 100mg. The other reason why doctors may prescribe Tramadol is due to its low-cost value. Unlike other brand drugs, a generic drug is cheaper in price and affordable. You need to ask your doctor about the right dosage of Tramadol for the ongoing pain in your body.
Does Tramadol have any bad effect on humans?
Most of the drugs do not have a severe adverse effect on a person’s health. But, if you want to be safe from any kind of side effect to occur, take the tablets as per guidelines. Keep track of when you took your last pill and make a schedule of it. You may also ask your doctor before you buy Tramadol online for pain relief.
One of the commonly occurring side effects is being drowsy until the effect of the drug lasts. To stay safe from any mishap to take place, you should avoid using heavy machinery or lifting heavy objects. You can also take help from a health expert if you are taking an opioid for the first time. Here are some of the commonly seen aftereffects in patients –
- Mild or severe headache
- Constipation or upset stomach
- Nausea and vomiting
- Lack of energy
- Mouth gets dry
Most probably, these effects will go within a few days without any treatment. Remember that you cannot take another drug along with Tramadol, as it can be quite harmful. But if you notice them not wearing-off within a few days, then you need to report it to your health expert.
There are some other harmful side effects of Tramadol that can also take place in rare cases –
- High blood pressure
- Lack of coordination
- Stronger reflexes
- High body temperature
- Mental issues
- Slow breaths
- Fast breathing rate
- Teary eyes
What precautionary measures can I take to avoid the harmful effects of Tramadol?
Along with the guidelines mentioned by your health expert, note the following precautionary measures that can help you with the right usage of Tramadol –
- Taking too many tablets of Tramadol without recommendation can cause serious health issues. It may result in addiction that can be dangerous and life-threatening.
- Patients who suffer from seizures must not be taking Tramadol as it can worsen the condition. Also, taking an opioid along with an antidepressant can cause severe drug interaction.
- Do not combine a dose of Tramadol with some other medication as it can turn unwell for your health.
- Patients must not use Tramadol if they have issues like – severe breathing problems, blockage in the intestine, and others.
- A person who has been a drug addict should stay away from the use of Tramadol. The drug can easily cause addiction, and if not, the person may even misuse it.
- As per the rules of the FDA, the use of Tramadol is not approved for children below the age of 12.